IDEAS is seeking a User Experience Design intern to join our Interactive team in downtown Orlando. The individual will work closely with our Art Director and Lead Experience Designer on projects from concept development to final execution utilizing user-centered design processes. The position is unpaid and part time; however, your schedule can be flexible. We will ask that you at least work 16-24 hours a week between our normal operating hours of 9:00am-6:00pm. The position will begin on in November and end on or around April 1, 2015.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design elegant and helpful digital experiences as part of a team
- Identify and articulate user needs, build prototypes to test internally and through user research, such as user scenarios and personas
- Help define both long and short-term vision and roadmap for responsive websites and mobile applications
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Organize information logically for a variety of user types
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence
- Interest in and an ability to organize information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience designing usable websites and mobile applications
- Passion for identifying and solving real user problems
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, or other UX/UI design tools
- Ability to rapidly prototype work
- While not essential it is a distinct advantage to show a current and on-trend UI and visual design portfolio – showcasing best practices in responsive and adaptive design, mobile design
- Agile experience is a plus
- HTML and CSS knowledge, current on latest responsive design techniques
- A graduate or undergraduate student with an interest in pursuing a degree in Information Science, Informatics, Library Science, Digital Design, Visual Communication or similar program.
Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply. Please send a brief description of yourself and your background as well as a resume and portfolio link to Cass Hensley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE to learn about our Graphic Design internship.