Most of us have been spending a lot of time at home lately, I don’t think that’s news to anyone. Lots of us are spending more time consuming media than usual, so here I am with a list of recommendations.
- Good Omens. The book, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, or the 2019 mini-series. It’s got everything you could ask for. Angels, demons, cute little hellhounds. Just a fun little story about the end of the world. What we all need right now.
- COVID Sucks, People Don’t. A podcast in which Hank Green talks to people who are working to improve the current conditions or doing positive and interesting things.
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing-Have you ever lived through an event that completely changed the lives of everyone on earth and was amplified by social media? Yeah, same. And so did everyone in this book. (Also, the sequel’s coming out soon so if you like it you don’t have to go through the anguish that I did WAITING)
- Literally Any Adventure Story. I realize this is a very open ended recommendation, but I stand behind it. Anything from Lord of The Rings to Star Wars to Alice in Wonderland, find an exciting quest and live exciting adventures through the eyes of fictional characters. Always the solution.
- Re-watch/read stuff you used to love and get really into it again. I’ve been doing this lately and it’s honestly so much fun. Why did I use the Alice in Wonderland gif again? I mean it felt relevant, okay…?