We decided last week that the layout of our edit suites just wasn’t working. So we worked the last week to redesign them on paper so they would work for the editor and clients. A couple days ago we started with Bay 1 and today we finished. We still have some finishing touches to do but the big part is done and the room works great. We can fit 7 people comfortably in the room and it just feels right. We’ve always said that we did not ever want to be the type of place that just puts down an edit system on a table in a room and says “here’s our edit suite”. Just because you have an edit system in a room that doesn’t make it an edit suite. We have edit suites. Next up will be Bay 2. We started today and it’s coming together nicely. The room is a little smaller than Bay 1 but I think the end that room is going to have a great feel also.
Edit Suite Redesign